Monday 20 June, 2005

Lost in Life

Was away for the weekend to Melbourne. Thought the place was a crap. Don't even know why they call it a city. And there I lost another friend of mine. Guess I have learnt how Aussies live. People here are just friends over beer. And once the night's over, they aren't friends anymore. Not what I was taught in school though. I thought friends are for life. And just when I thought I had made one more, in an unknown country, it all turned around, in one trip. Just one trip. Lost a person, because I was being to be too good. Wow! And so much of learning that friends last for-ever.
I remember, I always used to fight with my dad on the issue of how should friends be treated. He said, that friends are just around till your success last, and other similar things, and I said they are for life. Till today, I thought I was right. Now I think my dads experience said it all. I am really depressed with what happenned in the past weekend. Hope that never happens again. It seems that life without friends would have been so much easier.
So, from this trip to Australia, I have learnt quite a lot of stuff. Chemical Engg. isn't meant for me. Australians are just friends over beer (more-or-less like a one night stand).
I thought I would be writing about the city of Melbourne, but it seems that life is in too much of a turmoil to write anything. But yes, Melbourne shall have a special place in my head (not heart). Here's where I lost a friend, I thought I had for life.
I have decided to take a rest from blogging for the next few weeks, till I get back to India, set up my comp and re-construct my life again.

Till then, adios.

-aashish

6 Comments:

At 7:26 am, June 21, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

'abey bindaas tension mat lo..daaru maaro...have extra marital affairs... eat chicken and enjoy maadi!'

 
At 1:10 pm, June 21, 2005 , Blogger insane said...

hey nice to hear fromu..how did u land on my blog...neways now it wd be fun reading urs..abe australia and still dukhi..aish maar..daaru pi and chicken kha as ur friend said.also watch the babes.hope things r not dat serious....moreover orkut says commited in relation..kya kya chal raha hai

 
At 4:33 am, June 22, 2005 , Blogger G said...

hey man we are friends for life and we only met one drunken evening ;)

take it easy dude

 
At 5:30 am, June 22, 2005 , Blogger Just Me said...

"If you have two friends in your lifetime, you're lucky. If you have one good friend, you're more than lucky."

---Bryon Douglas, That Was Then, This Is Now by S.E. Hinton

And you're still trying to convince yourself that its only 'Australians who're friends over beer' ?!

 
At 6:59 am, June 23, 2005 , Blogger Lorena said...

Maybe circumstances, situation put a strain in your relationship? I'm sorry this happened. I also would be devastated. Friendships are so important to me. They are the family we choose. We are born into one and we find another one along life's path and those are our friends. I'm sure it's heartbreaking. I hope you find some peace of mind and remember there are so many strangers ready to become your friend.
take care :)

 
At 4:18 pm, June 24, 2005 , Blogger Nitin Gupta said...

I know this might sound even more depressing, but I've never really seen friends around when u need them ... So ur dad is right :| ... Grow up buddy, this is life.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home