Wednesday 1 June, 2005

Friend and Mail

Last night, I received a mail from my friend M. A friend whom I thought was close to me. But, today, I don't feel the same anymore. It makes me feel that our friendship was weaker than the bond between two people who need money to make conversation. And, I used to think that friends were above money issues. If I owe someone, he/she can always rely that I shall pay up. I expect the same and hence don't think of the money again, unless in dire straits for the same :)

Coming back to the the mail. M also wrote that M would be busy for the coming next months and wont have time to meet up. But does M even know where am I at this moment? Not in Bombay or Delhi, but in Sydney, a land far far away! But then I didn't even tell many people as to where I would be in the coming time. But again, isn't it odd that M didn't even enquire about my co-ordinates before such a mail?

The mail also had a mention of a very-very petty sum of money, that I had once given over to cover for meal that was supposed to be a treat from M. Now if M is so busy worrying about treat money, and that too not such a huge sum, then I am sorry for my choice of friends. I guess I made a big mistake. As I said earlier, money ain't an issue till I am in dire needs of some. But if poeple think that all thoughts revolve around money, then I am sorry. They've found the wrong person for that. In that case, you aren't a friend. Just something more than a stranger. A colleague, a batchmate, or just a person who can recognise me by name and face.

With no access to net all night, I thought I would blog a lot more of anti sentiments and feelings against M. But just like pranav, and pritam, I too tasted the agony of losing words, as soon as I sat before the computer. Though I think I did manage to pen down loads. hmmm.... I guess my friendship with M is over, or on the verge of falling down the cliff, unless M tries to cover the steps that M pursued to screw in the first place!

And then, in the IITian way, I guess I am willing to forget it over a nice meal :):D

-aashish

7 Comments:

At 1:12 pm, June 01, 2005 , Blogger enigma said...

I do understand.. have experienced similar instances .. and much more. It is sad that the whole meaning of a relationship is weighed upon with factors as small and insignificant as money.
Guess the best thing to do is to 'let it go'....as u have decided.

 
At 2:37 pm, June 01, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kitne Chillad log hai... Don't worry Bushy. When I ask you to pay for my treat, I will completely forget abt returning money to you. :P

 
At 9:09 am, June 02, 2005 , Blogger Tamanna said...

U know what? They cut the rap in the theatre. So I missed it :-D But I have seen that on TV. Its good na!

 
At 1:32 pm, June 02, 2005 , Blogger Tamanna said...

Nope!! I have seen the song umpteen number of times on MTV,V, zee music etc :-)

 
At 9:13 pm, June 03, 2005 , Blogger Golu said...

abey senti mat maar chal chal :P

 
At 1:28 am, June 04, 2005 , Blogger Panda said...

abye aisa mat bol..that way to golu is far far away from being my friend..I use d pian him abt the small sum of 1700 dollars that he owed me at some point in time..

 
At 12:51 pm, June 05, 2005 , Blogger vishnoi said...

@golu: senti ki baat nahin hai re.. pain ho gaya mere ko :((

@ panda: 1700 dollars - small sum :O:O:O

this treat money amounts to abt 10-15$ AU. and he thinks ki me wanting to meet him is for the money :( not coz we are frnds :( now aint that bad?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home