Sunday 8 May, 2005

Winter

:((

Winter. Thandi. Sardi. 冬天. Invierno. Hiver.Inverno.冬。겨울. Got this all with the help of the Google Translator.

Weekend winter. That's the worst that can happen. With temperatures only reaching a meagre 18 degrees, it might be summer for the English, but definitely not for the Indians. I could feel the chill in my spine, when I walked from the library back to my house, at 2 in the afternoon yesterday. And that was enough to call off my plans for the weekend. Have no mood to get into chilly weather so soon. Hopefully, will get adjusted to this over the week. And then shall go out. But, this meant that I won't be able to go to the Spanish Film Festival this weekend. But then, its on for the complete next week, and closes next Sunday. So still have a chance to make it!
Got a hand to this amazing software. Autostich. Read about it on Gary's blog. AutoStitch is a free program and there are no complicated things you need to do. All you need is some pictures that have some kind of common connection to one another to create a panorama. I had a set of pictures of the bookfair, that I made a panorama of, using MsPaint :)) (Don't have photoshop in a Chemical Engg. department... and I thought, I'll edit it when I get back to India). And then this software came along. And it set the pace.

Here is the output using MsPaint (took me a little over an hour to get to this):

And this is using AutoStich (took the tool a little under 3 minutes to get to this!):

Any soul can see the difference!

Other than that, I have been reading a lot this weekend, not books, but papers. As in doing some mindboggling literature survey. So, that is getting to my head. Lets see, what I finally pen-down in my report :)

-aashish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home