Sunday 1 May, 2005

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

As the title suggests, I saw this movie. Amazing one, must say! Was laughing my heart out all the time. Rated a 7.4 by IMDB, I saw this movie with Lars, a German practicummer, at the Greater Union, Bondi Junction. The second time I have been to this cinema. And when I came back, my wallet was another $17.5 lighter :((. That would be 11.5 for the ticket and another 6 for the drinks that we had to kill the 40 minutes that we had before the show to start.

But before this plan, was my lunch with Indrie, at Maya da Dhabha, Surry Hills. Had a paneer makhani (will never have that again in Australia, they made it sweet, and though tasted nice, wasn't exactly what I would have liked) and Punjabi Baigan!!! Yup! That's me. Living in Australia is just getting me to eat all that I have despised all this time in my life. But before I sat down for lunch, I had just about 4 samosas for my breakfast, which was just an hour before this feast! After lunch, we strolled down to the city, Indrie leading coz I was lost! She needed some tickets to some boxing match, which didn't go down with me very well :P.
So walking in the city, and with the person leading you knowing the way around, made me miss my camera, I feeling the want of it after every crossing that we went by. Going into China Town and then through the Paddy's markets, made me realise the great opportunities that I missed. But then, I'll learnt a lesson. Always carry a camera when you go out with a local. It helps :) As we got to the Ticketek counter, we realised that it was closed, and that made the trip, in a way worthless. And then Indrie had plans of shopping with another friend, and I had taken permission to take pictures at the bookfair that was on in the Uni. So we parted ways, and I made my way back to home ASAP, picked up my camera, and my swimming gear, and headed for the book-fair. After taking some nice pictures, (will be posting soon), I swam for about 45 min (the longest so far in Sydney.. I am improving, after the 7 year layoff!).
And then the odyssey of the movie show occurred. That was good!

Today, I was at the computer fair, mainly to check out the prices of a DVD dual layer Burner, that lambda has requested for, and an iPod that I have been craving for. But, I came out with another thing, that I was expecting to be expensive. A 512 MB xD Picture card for my camera! So, now I have the freedom to shoot!

-aashish

2 Comments:

At 7:38 pm, May 01, 2005 , Blogger G said...

Which side of Cleveland St. was Maya day Dhabha, I went to one on the opposite side to Sushi Suma (the best sushi place in sydney) and was not too impressed. The one on the same side looked better.
Looking forward to hearing more stories.

 
At 6:14 am, May 02, 2005 , Blogger vishnoi said...

maya da dhabha is on the same side as sushi suma.. i ll try it now that u've recommended.. :) the one opposite is good for indian snacks.. but not an indian meal..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home