Monday 25 April, 2005

Movies!

Movies in Australia.

Expensive!!!
That's all I can come up with!

Other than that? Nice multiplexes, and even better shopping malls in which they are located in! Yesterday saw me going for The Interpreter, starring Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn. Nice flick, and nice seats in the movie hall (we went to Greater Union, Westfield Bondi Junction). But the popcorn was expensive. And so was the ticket: a whopping $11.50 !!! The popcorn? Well, it was just a meager $8.95 for a medium size! So, I bought the tickets, but no popcorn and no drinks. I was glad that there are no concepts of intermissions in Hollywood, because that would have just tempted me into buying something.
My company for the movie? Indrie, a PhD student in the Earth Sc. Department. Where did I meet her? On the sailing trip. She works in the same lab as Hans, our skipper for the sailing day.
The movie, showing only at 6.35 and 9.20, left us with no choice when we reached late for the 6 o'clock show with a House Full board in front :( . So, we bought 2 tickets for the 9.20 and then went about seeing the complex, (amazing that even though Indrie is an Aussie, she hadn't been to this place b4!). At about 9.20 we made our way to the hall. The 2nd worst part, other than the prices of the tickets? Movies in Australia don't start on time. If the show is at 9.20, the trailers start at that time! Its another half-an-hour before we get to see the movie!
The movie was surely a must see for everyone, an amazing show by Nicole and Sean, but then I am a Nicole fan :) Then, after the movie, we realised that the time was 11.45 PM, and there weren't any busses back to home. And to top it all, we both were hungry :( So, we decided to walk back, and probably get some take-away from a shop on our way. We found a Pizza joint, and ordered a large Veggie (strange as it may sound, but both of us are veggies :) ), and then with the food in our hand, we made our way towards home.
Walking in these lonely streets, with no one around made me feel odd, because Bondi Junction being one of the crowdiest places during the day has ZERO night-life! Eating the delicious pizza, (my third in 2 days!), we walked on the streets. Good for the fact that Indrie knew some shortcuts around the place, so that we could make our way back in half the time :) I dropped her at her house (not coz I am chivalrous :P... but just because her place was closer to the cinema, and on my way back home :) ) and then walked back home.
I checked if the library would be open today (its a holiday here, for ANZAC day, national holiday), and was glad that it is. But then its evident from the fact that I am writing this shit :))
Next, I though I'll call NG, was missing his voice for some time.. so called him, and man, wasn't he pissed to hear that I was returning from a movie, and he was mugging :)) That was a nice feeling must say!
Other than that, I got into bed with my clothes on, and slept like a log, and woke up at 11 this morning :)
Now, me going for a swim, after I get some lunch.

-aashish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home