Monday 18 April, 2005

Weekend

With another weekend gone by, my days in Australia are numbered. Less than 3 months remain before I make the journey back home, hopefully landing in Delhi on the 13th. And in that nbd, I have already started writing my report!!! (I can't believe it too! this is earlier than even Rocket would think of starting!)
The weekend gone by was a memorable one. First, I saw Million dollar Baby in Hoyts, Fox Studios. Then had a nice Indian meal to finish the saturday. Sunday started with me getting up and ready for the harbour cruise. The cruise, starting at 1.30 PM was to last for about 4 hours! I made my way to the jetty @ The Spit, in North Sydney. One of the practicum students, Hans (a German), is a certified sailor, and is also a member of the Middle Harbour Yatch Club. He got this great idea of inviting other practicum and exchange students for the cruise! So, Amy (a Canadian exchange student, who called me just before I was leaving!) and I made our way to the Spit and reached there, without any hassles from the traffic a little before 1 PM. Looking at the parking lot, I realised the number of yatchs I should expect in the harbour!

We set out at about quarter to 2, and made our way, slowly into the breeze. As we began to enter the harbour, the view was magnificent!

We managed to get close enough to the Opera House, and then went right below the Sydney Harbour Bridge, before taking a turn to come back.

Once out of the harbour came the tough part. As the wind was blowing right into our face, we couldn't proceed straight. Hence, to cover distance, Hans made the yatch swerve on the left and then on the right, and so on, making a zig zag motion as we moved forward. Here, coz of the strong winds and my carelessness, I lost the FILA cap that was given to me by the eCell05 junta. Sorry bhai log, topi ud gayi :((

On our way back we saw the Endeavour, a replica of the Captain Cook ship that first sailed into the harbour. The Endeavour, after a five month voyage from England was returning to Australia!

Finally, at about 5.30 we set anchor at the jetty, and made the long journey back from the Spit.

So much for a memorable day!!

-aashish

3 Comments:

At 4:49 am, November 15, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://khahmswp.com/aqlr/kvkn.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://eovyvozi.com/hspl/lfjv.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 4:49 am, November 15, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 4:49 am, November 15, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://khahmswp.com/aqlr/kvkn.html | http://kftdiyxq.com/ucdp/mnkv.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home