Tuesday 5 April, 2005

the 'Cleaning Lady'

Today, while I was making my way from home to lab, I saw this old lady cleaning the area of public grass on the pavement right outside her home. I thought I should take a picture, without her knowledge. But then she happened to look up and notice me! Man, I was so afraid, that I am going to get a beating off her broom!! Well for starters, she thought I was an estate agent, and that I was trying to get her out of her place forcefully! (and I thought 'it happens only in India'). I first tried to cool her down, and then explained that I am a chotta-sa photographer, and a student at a nearby Uni., and that I take pics of daily street life!! Thats all. and the prize? I got her to pose for me, but she wants a printout. I think I'll get her one! Then was the painful thing. With me getting late for the scheduled arrival in the lab @ 8.45 AM, she started on her story of how she has been troubled with estate agents and all!! And then the learning of the day: it is the old who work. The young(like me!!) just laze around and take photographs! Amazing na!! I felt the same!

Here
's the pic that I took.

guess thats it,

-aashish

2 Comments:

At 2:57 am, April 11, 2005 , Blogger kaa said...

in mumbai i normally tell them i am a presswallah and they may see their pics in the next days paper. its a little mean and its worked most of the times. and btw i have seen in you iitb.

 
At 5:00 am, April 11, 2005 , Blogger vishnoi said...

well this lady was anyway pissed with estate agents.. and i got off pretty well with the student I-Card :).. but will remember the press wala thing next time :)
and yes.. i am from IITB.. but presently doing an internship @ sydney

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home