Wednesday 13 April, 2005

hmm..

Must say, not a great start of the week, neither for me, nor for the Indian cricket team. I am running out of NaCl, in the lab i.e., and my lab manager is on a holiday till the 2nd of May!! And the Indian cricket team has lost the 2 match lead advantage that it had over the weekend, over arch-rivals Pakistan! Damn! This week is definitely not good for Indians!
And to top it all, I am feeling a bit down with little fever, cold, cough, and what not!! Also, I happened to get my eyes checked (for free!!) at the university optometry department!
So, first coming to the eyecheck, I found that this university has an optometry department, which intern has a clinic. And they do eye tests for students free of cost, in turn the final yearites get a learning experience on willing subjects. So, I realised, Why Not?!? I took an appointment, and made my way for the checkup at about 6.45 PM, Monday evening. Everything went off fine, with only a slight change in number from my spectacles, and a good experience, taking all the tests that should be performed, but aren't!! Next, they put me on for another appointment, to check the back of my right eye, because there seems to be a floater in my eye, that I have been noticing for the past year now. Nice thing, had it done for free. The last eyetest that I had cost me Rs. 800 in Hiranandani!!
Next, on Tuesday, I took the liberty of accepting the forecast of the channel 9 network, and didn't put on a jumper when I left for lab. Result? I got a cold, coughed all night, and didn't sleep well. :(( Not the best start to the week.
Today, I realise I have almost run out of NaCl, and with my lab manager on a holiday, I have no idea what shall I be doing for the next 2 weeks!?! And even when he comes back, the NaCl shall not be in lab for another 4 days, so, presently looking at the time to kill, I have no idea what to do. Though, I have borrowed 2 Jeffrey Archers from the library, but I don't think they'll last for more than a couple of days. Let's see what I do in the coming days.
Finally, the worst part, India has the 'normal' batting collapse in the 3rd ODI at JamPot, and loses by a whopping 106 runs!!! :((( And, next game, they make 315 in 48 overs, only to see it being chased by the Pakistanis in the same duration! Man, being an Indian sux!!! :(((

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home