Thursday 7 April, 2005

Its lecture time once again!

Today, after a break of more than 7.5 months, I attended a lecture, and was quite engrossed in what was being taught, that I didn't realise that the hour was over!! Now that this hasn't happened since JEE preparations, hmm.. Seems that I need to take a little more interest in what I am study in the future. But coming to the 1st off-routine incident today, I was shot, not in the sense that everyone would want :P, but just that my photograph was taken today for the membrane centre's website. Very soon my name shall be appearing on the page of Dianne Wiley as one of her visiting sudents :).
Nest out of schedule was the joint lunch of the day, was supposed be together with all the postgraduate students of Membrance Sc. but somehow the girls got lost, and all the boys ended up at the library lawn!! The idea of this joint lunch was of Pierre Le Clech, a French Post-Doc, and a very helpful person around the labs.
Finally it came to the wonderful lecture at 3 in the afternoon. The lecture being on Filtration behaviour in submerged hollow fibre membrane by Sheng Chang another Post-Doc, from China. The lecture though had me trying my level best to get a hang of his Chinese-English accent, did teach me a totally different aspect of membranes used in the world of chemical engineering! The basic concept of hollow fibre membranes was new to me, till now thinking of membranes to be flat sheets of paper like materials!
Other than these odd-happenings, everything the same, I took some readings, the net was all used up long before it was time for anyone to leave, and I was forced to use the services of the library to write this blog!
Guess thats it,
I'll call it a day!
-aashish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home