Thursday 19 May, 2005

Sleep

Haven't been keeping well for the past few days. The Sydeny weather has surely hit me hard. Cold winds, and rain. They just don't make me feel at home. :( Have a bad cold, sore throat, and a slight fever. Damn. This is no good. Just when I was thinking that I am enjoying life, I have been struck by the might of God. And complicating all this is the matress that I have. Being an Indian to the core, I enjoy sleeping on hard mattresses, and they are not to be found anywhere in Australia. That is bad. All they have are the springy mattresses, the Sleepwell kind on which I can't sleepwell :( Couldn't get a proper sleep last night, or the one before. Have been thinking all the time.

But before that, it was Bhavani's (Vaibhav Gupta) b'day this Tuesday. And Shaggy, who is doing an internship with him, didn't know about it :O But then I came into the picture. While chatting with Shaggy, I told him about this great historic moment, and viola, Bhavani got bumps from the complete office crew :))) Awesome!! IITians rule everywhere :))

Also, I realised that when I talk to my family, I have nothing to talk about. And then in a space of 5 minutes, my mom/dad would've asked me atleast half a dozen times, "so, how are you?". Now that freaks me out. :O Never know what to tell them. How to increase conversation. :( I guess I'll need inputs from everyone I know to improve my conversation building skills with my parents :) And then, I was talking to friend a few days back while having coffee. And she burnt her tounge to our dismay. And, I mentioned, that me burning tounge hasn't happened since a long long time. Then came the bombshell. Burnt my tounge last night :P:O Guess I must keep a control on what it blabs now :))

Other than that, I have no idea what-so-ever as to why am I writing this piece :) So, I shall get back to work, and hopefully should be able to get something out of the day!

-aashish

2 Comments:

At 11:55 am, May 19, 2005 , Blogger G said...

Sydney winter sucks hey? I spent all day on Vancouver Island in Canada and it rained and rained and rained....very depressing.

As for Indian beds, I sat on my friends bed at IIT Delhi and nearly broke my ilium bone!!!

 
At 11:22 am, May 21, 2005 , Blogger Nitin Gupta said...

Hey sorry for stopping in so late. Read through your blogs (and photoblogs) ... first, get well soon ... second, about the senti part, i think the internship has given u enuf time to 'discover' urself or what i'll term as understand life ... it'll help man ... just give urself time ... and cheer up ... life ain't that bad after all ... is it :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home