Tuesday 15 April, 2008

Sea Ahoy

10 days back, I made my way across the kaala-paani to the place where no one was to be seen regulary in the 40s - mumbai offshore.. off the west coast of india. Have been here for the past week and a half and have been moved from one platform to another, in a bid to understand, and learn about the place :)

So far so good, the bomb dropped last thursday, when an unexpected trainee (read me) moved over to the rig to just be a silent observor to a campaign, I was made the night supervisor - a display of dis-belief, nervousness, and dunno what showing up on my face at that moment. 5 nights post, I must say, it's been fun, though pretty tough, considering that you dont have much to do if nothing's happening. And slowly one needs to kill his time through those 12 hours... waiting, dozing, snoozing the dozing, taking the readings, and not to forget, eating at all the possible hours, that one'd eat at, just 12 hours of lag wrt indian time zone.

So much for my job et al. Going to be in delhi this weekend, and for the next few days to come after that. Hopefully will live after 14 days of offshore. Not a girl in sight. Well, almost. There's a woman on the rig. Highly unimportant. Now, I wonder if IIT was better! :P

Why this post at 1.50 PM? Well, just had a safety drill, and the sleep was mercilessly murdered, and now it will not come, come what may. So, life that it is, is sad for the moment. Just for the moment I must say.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home