Wednesday 21 March, 2007

Summer Plans?

Even though this blog has minimum readers, I still post this here.. incase that I get some company :D

Hello!

Well, I have had this plan for quite some time in my head - backpack touring north India from Amritsar to Nainital over a span of 30 odd days, spending meagerly on accomodation and travel, and covering as much as possible on a shoe string budget (my upper end approximation is Rs. 10k) with the trip being a feast for the eye, camera and the diary alike.

The "itinerary" that I have planned as of now is somewhat as follows

delhi-amritsar train
amritsar-wagah - 2 days
amritsar-dharamsala-dalhousie-3 days
dalhousie-jammu-srinagar 3 days
srinagar-sonmarg-amarnath-dras-kargil-leh-ladhak 7 days
ladhak-manali -3 days
manali-simla - 3 days
simla-dehradun-haridwar-gangotri-nainital 8 days

to decide: nainital-kathmandu-gangtok-bhutan-assam ???

Well, since the plans are not concrete, and all the traveling decisions are to be taken right on the spot where we are, plans are open to discussion :) The only "decision" is to start from Amritsar and Wagah, because of my want to see the Wagah border. From there on, local state buses/ general train tickets, cheap hotels, govt. rest houses are the plan of the day, unless you wish to sponsor the goodies :). And we can always include / exclude somethings here and there for a "better" trip :) I have the following things in my head that I want to see - Wagah, Ladhak, Leh, Gangotri. All others are open to discussion :)

Plans to start off on the trip is around May 25th, because the Ladhak area is not open before the 10th of June (or so I am told :) )

If u are interested, please do mail back soon. If u are not, still mail back, and I shall try to convince you :) . Also, If u are interested in a part of the trip, that shall also do, because I may end up moving with loads of different groups across the "huge" trip :) coz I am in desperate need for some good company :)

-aAshish

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home