Thursday 15 June, 2006

Some small time news

Last weekend I was in Munich. I went there with a 40 € ticket, and 4 € in my pocket. Pursha was supposed to meet me at the station, and we were supposed to go to a fairytale castle, meet with Sarmistha, and then back to Munich for football fever and night life. Pursha didn't show up, I roamed the city alone, till about 2 in the afti, calling Pursha and Sarmistha simultaneously. Sam picked all of my calls, Pursha none. Finally Sam bailed me out of my peril, and met up with me at Füssen. We came back to Munich, and went to the Olympiazentrum to catch the Argentina match on the big screen. Slept at the station, with just one plan in mind : to visit Dachau, the Nazi Concentration Camp on Sunday.

Once there, on an empty stomach, at 9 in the morning, we realised how much a gloomy cloudy day would change the impact of this place, with torn down grey buildings, barren land, and meticulously planted trees. I was glad it was a day with a bright sun, and no cloud in sight. After entereing every small establishment in the camp, I'd come out happily to take the sun shining on me. It was a nice feeling :) 2 hours in that place, and we were looking for food at almost every corner of the town.

Back from Dachau, still hungry, we 2 headed off to the BMW museum at the Olympic Park. A 30 min gujju shoot, taking pics of all cars, reading info of only a few, we were back at the Munich station. In between, I was made to gulp down more than 500 ml of beer, with in a few minutes, coz Sarmistha wanted a 1 L beer mug, and she had already given 5.6 € for the beer in it, and 2 € as a deposit. With a beer mug in hand and a few burgers, Sarmistha took the 2.36 connection to her place, while I took the last possible 2.44 PM connection to Magdeburg. Reached home after 12 midnight. Slept, overslept. Woke up at 11 AM. Forgot to put the alarm on. Was to meet guide at 9. Met him in the corridor at 2, he said we should meet on Tuesday at 10.30. No mention of the missed meeting. He added that he came late to office coz his car broke down. Lovely, i thought! :P

Have done some work over the past 2 days. A few X-Ray Diffraction readings, and a few samples prepared for centrifugation. Now I am a master in preparing micro-emulsions too. But I shall not talk of work out here. I dont talk of work anywhere :)

Yesterday, Akhil gave me a surpirse scrap.

Akhil: WE´re GOIN TO THE WORLD CUP
atch #32: Saudi Arabia - Ukraine, Hamburg, 19.06.2006
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..........Its the time to party

Akhil: F@$"!ing shit Man .......

Yeah, yeah. One can get the essence. We are going to see a world cup match live in the stadium, with the most expensive seats in town. a whopping 105 € a place. Now don't start giving fundaes, on what stupid match is this. We got a ticket after a wait of more than 2 months in the wait list. For a person like us, all matches are great. Its the atmosphere that is worth being in. :)

When I told my guide that I would like to have monday off, coz I have a World Cup ticket, he was "Bloody hell! You have a world cup ticket :O:O:O Congratulations." And then the person across the table shook my hand too. Guide says, you have a valid reason to take the monday off. A WC ticket is good enough for a holiday in all of the world. :)

For today and tomorrow, my complete research group has gone to some other Max Plank, where my group head gives a lecture, in German. Also, the MPI there has prepared some laser tech, that only MPI junta can see. My guide's gone too, so I have been asked to do a few experiments, and work on my report :P haah!

2 Comments:

At 10:15 pm, June 15, 2006 , Blogger Tamanna said...

woah!! a WC match!! i think saudi will win that one :-D so u wil be working on those expts and report is it! nice try :-D

u must ve learnt german by now rt! there was this mallu friend of mine who was new to the place and he said he manages to communicate using english, mallu and kathakali :-D

 
At 1:43 am, June 16, 2006 , Blogger vishnoi said...

i hope ukraine wins, for 2 reasons...
1. i like shevchenko..
2. i have a yellow tshirt :D

and no, i have not learnt german, and i have no plans to learn it either :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home